Labor Force Data
COMBINED CDA AND SPOKANE/SPOKANE VALLEY MSA ECONOMIC OVERVIEW
Population grew by 50,463 over
the last 5 years and is projected
to grow by 37,017 over the next
Total Regional Employment
Jobs grew by 35,389 over the last
5 years and are projected to grow
by 26,525 over the next 5 years.
Avg. Earnings Per Job (2018)
Regional average earnings per job
are $11.9K below the national
average earnings of $66.9K per
- As of 2018 the region’s population increased by 7.6% since 2013, growing by 50,463.
- Population is expected to increase by 5.2% between 2018 and 2023, adding 37,017.
- From 2013 to 2018, jobs increased by 11.7% in 2 MSAs from 302,140 to 337,529.
- This change outpaced the national growth rate of 8.5% by 3.2%. As the number of jobs increased, the labor force participation rate increased from 59.1% to 60.0% between 2013 and 2018.
- Concerning educational alinement, 17.5% of the selected regions’ residents possess a Bachelor’s Degree (1.1% below the national average), and 11.6% hold an Associate’s Degree (3.6% above the national average).
- The top three industries in 2018 are Restaurants and Other Eatery’s
- Eating Places, Education and Hospitals (Local Government), and Local Government, Excluding Educaon and Hospitals.